Logged in as:
San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Finance Pilot Program
SDHC's ADU Finance Pilot Program is available to income-eligible homeowners ONLY in the City of San Diego (Zip Code starting with 921XX). This pilot program offers a loan of up to $250,000 to qualified homeowners to complete the construction of an ADU and Technical Assistance (to help with permits, design etc.) at NO COST to the homeowner. Upon completion of the ADU, rents must be restricted to those earning up to 80% of the area median income (AMI) for a minimum of 7 years.
- Income up to 120% of San Diego's Area Median Income (AMI) e.g., $128,300 per year for a family of four
- Residential property (detached single-family residence) in the City of San Diego
- Main home must be owner-occupied
- Minimum Credit Score of 680
- Owner's Contribution equal to 1% of the construction loan amount
Please complete this application form in its entirety, and submit ALL documents as requested in the Application Checklist that will appear as the last page of this online Application form. Your application will be reviewed in the order that it is received.
The purpose of this application is to confirm your preliminary eligibility through three broad criteria:
- Existence of previous SDHC Loans (Section 1)
- Whether an ADU is permissible and feasible on your property (Sections 2 and 3). Note that this will include a scheduled site visit by SDHC to confirm feasibility.
- Whether your household income qualifies for this pilot program (Sections 4 through 8).
This application will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. After each step, your application is saved and can be resumed at a later time.